Auf Wiedersehen

                     






I'm seated in seat 3D watching the sun rise in the Arkansas sky. The humidity is extremely high. I won't miss that this week. Today is the day. I'm heading to mountains in North Carolina. I'm feeling nervous, but so thankful that God is faithful. But nervous. "You asked for it and He gave it to you. Now, you gotta deal with it!" Thank you to my friend, Tammy, for speaking the truth. Jesus blessed me with this internship, now nerves can't hold me back. I must take action. Sometimes it feels more comfortable when something exciting is always in the future... But I will never get anywhere if I always let it stay in the future. So, today, I leave home for a huge, new adventure. I'm also thankful that God orchestrated my last day at home this Sunday. My church prayed over my family, and those who felt led, committed to pray for me while I am away. Knowing I have family, friends, and my church family supporting me while I'm gone means a lot to me. Experiencing support from the body of Christ, as He intended, is something I can't explain. It had to have been the best way to spend my last day. I will hold that memory while I am away, especially if lies creep into my mind. You know the feeling of being in a plane looking down at the world, now miniaturized. It is such a different perspective. I think of how little I see when I am down there. It reminds me of a quote I read last week from My Utmost For His Highest. Oswald Chambers says something to the effect of, God's aim looks like it's missing the mark to us. We are too shortsighted to see what He is actually aiming at. I pray to trust beyond my shortsightedness. Goodbyes are hard. But, as my Grandpa says, it's not goodbye. It's Auf Wiedersehen, it means see you again... It's never goodbye. 

Comments

Popular Posts